Program Facilitator - Student at Fulton
Posted on Apr 25, 2019
Title: Summer Student
Employer: ElderCare Edmonton Society
Address: Fulton Place School
Date Posted: April 24, 2019
Job Posting Closed: May 1, 2019
Details: one summer student position at ElderCare Connections Program.
30hrs per week
Salary Range: $15 per hour
ElderCare Edmonton is seeking a reliable, motivated, and qualified individual to organize and facilitate a day program that will deliver service excellence for seniors in the Edmonton area. Must be going back to school in the Fall of 2019.
- Review client file and assessment information
- Assist clients with meal service, daily activities, personal care and DATS
- Identify and communicate changing client status to other staff
- Monitor and provide verbal and written feedback regarding client participation
- Clean up program area at end of day
- Complete client assessments as required
- Maintain attendance record and other administrative duties
- Education in recreation therapy, gerontology or related area preferred
- Knowledge of geriatric conditions, medical terminology an asset
- Education and training with personal care is an asset (Nursing Attendant, HCA etc.)
- Knowledge of recreational activities suited for older adults with special needs
- Able to successfully complete accredited medication administration course
- Provide a Criminal record check with a vulnerable sector search*
- Current valid First Aid/CPR
- Effective team player, good organizational skills, outcome focused, and capable of independent judgement
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*The successful applicant will be required to provide a current (within 3 months), criminal record check with Vulnerable sector check.
Please submit resume and cover letter by fax to (780) 433-3758 or email to email@example.com