Posted on Jan 23, 2019
Title: Program Facilitator
Employer: ElderCare Edmonton Society
Address: Fulton School
Date Posted: January 23, 2019
Job Posting Closed: February 1, 2019
Details: Part Time 0.6 permanent position.
ElderCare Edmonton Society provides a friendly work environment along with a competitive benefits package, available after 3-month probation period.
Salary Range: Based on Education and Experience
ElderCare Edmonton is seeking a reliable, motivated, and qualified individual to organize and facilitate a day program that will deliver service excellence for seniors in the Edmonton area.
- Review client file and assessment information
- Assist clients with meal service, daily activities, personal care and DATS
- Identify and communicate changing client status to other staff
- Monitor and provide verbal and written feedback regarding client participation
- Clean up program area at end of day
- Complete client assessments as required
- Maintain attendance record and other administrative duties
- Education in recreation therapy, gerontology or related area preferred
- Knowledge of geriatric conditions, medical terminology an asset
- Education and training with personal care is an asset (Nursing Attendant, HCA etc.)
- Knowledge of recreational activities suited for older adults with special needs
- Able to successfully complete accredited medication administration course
- Provide a Criminal record check with a vulnerable sector search*
- Current valid First Aid/CPR
- Effective team player, good organizational skills, outcome focused, and capable of independent judgement
- Recreation Experience
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*The successful applicant will be required to provide a current (within 3 months), criminal record check with Vulnerable sector check.
Please submit resume and cover letter by fax to (780) 433-3758 or email to Wemanager@eldercareedmonton.ca.