Posted on Jun 24, 2021
Title: Program Facilitator
Employer: ElderCare Edmonton Society for Adult Day Programs
Date Posted: June 24, 2021
Details: Part Time 0.6 permanent position. ElderCare Edmonton Society provides a competitive benefits package, available after a successful 3-month probationary period.
Hours of Work: Tuesday-Friday 9:00-3:00 (south east Edmonton location)
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience ($19.50 - $21.50)
ElderCare Edmonton is a non-profit association that serves more than one hundred concurrent clients and families with approximately sixty seniors attending our programs daily. We are seeking a motivated and qualified individual to join a dynamic team in delivering therapeutic recreation at one of our three wellness adult day support programs for seniors. The successful candidate will sustain a continuous quality improvement mindset and be responsible for providing recreational activities to seniors affected by social isolation, dementia, and/or other conditions. Your ability to effectively liaise with clients, client family and advocates, and your colleagues will be important factors to your success in this position.
- Review client file and assessment information
- Provide assistance to clients with meal service, personal care and fee payment/DATS ticket purchase
- Implement daily goal orientated social activities, recreation activities and exercise as per procedure and guidelines
- Monitor and provide verbal and written feedback regarding client participation
- Complete client assessments as required
- Notify Program Manager of any incidents, and complete incident report documentation
- Assist with ambulation and mobility
- Screen clients for wellness criteria and surveil for changes that may require isolation or other follow-up (Covid-19, flu, gastrointestinal upset, etcetera)
- Maintain client safety at all times
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C and successful completion of accredited medication assistance course
- Knowledge of geriatric conditions and medical terminology is an asset, as is experience working in a not-for-profit environment.
- Education and training with personal care is an asset (PSW, HCA etc.)
- Knowledge of activities/recreation suited for older adults
Conditions of Employment:
- Per ElderCare Edmonton policies, Program Facilitators receive paid lunch breaks and are required to remain on site with clients during their workday. On site coffee breaks are provided.
- Criminal record check with a vulnerable sector search (within 3 months)
- Successful reference checks
- Signed confidentiality agreement and Code of Conduct
- Flexible with working hours, locations, and the range of tasks
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate a passion for working with seniors.
- Although this competition is to fill a vacancy at our southeast Edmonton location, the successful candidate must agree to be temporarily or permanently reassigned to any of the ElderCare Edmonton program sites at any time during their employment with the organization.
Please submit resume and cover letter by fax to (780) 433-3758, or mail to ElderCare Edmonton, Jerry Forbes Centre, #23, 12122 – 68 Street, Edmonton, AB T5B 1R1 or by email to email@example.com
ElderCare Edmonton is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.